In 2018, South West Chef of the Year established a partnership with Springboard FutureChef which enables our Junior Chef finalists to take a place in the regional final of the FutureChef competition, bypassing the school and local heats. This gives them an opportunity to compete for a place in the national final!
This year’s regional final will take place at Petroc College, Tiverton, on 5th February 2019 and we are delighted that five of our six Junior finalists have opted to take up their place in the competition.
Many thanks to our judges, who mentored each of the finalists in preparation for the final of South West Junior Chef of the Year last October, who have kindly agreed to continue to support them in preparation for the FutureChef competition too.
We wish the very best of luck to each of the finalists:
- Jorgia, Cornwall Junior Chef of the Year, mentored by Stephane Delourme, head chef at The Seafood Restaurant, Padstow
- Samantha, Devon Junior Chef of the Year, mentored by Scott Paton, head chef at Boringdon Hall Hotel, Plympton
- Conor, South West and Somerset Junior Chef of the Year, mentored by Liam Finnegan, head chef at The Castle Hotel, Taunton
- Katie, Dorset Junior Chef of the Year, mentored by Pete Murt, head chef at Rick Stein Sandbanks
- Rhys, Wiltshire Chef of the Year, mentored by Hywel Jones, Executive Chef, Lucknam Park, Bath
Eva, Gloucestershire Junior Chef of the Year has, understandably, opted to concentrate on her upcoming exams and chose not to compete in the FutureChef regional final.